Re: [octave forge] new external package

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: [octave forge] new external package
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 17:09:42 +0200

On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 03:45:46PM +0200, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> > first thing to note: This package is exceptional in that 'licensecheck
> > -r' returns 'UNKNOWN' for almoust all files, which requires much
> > manual checking. (The license of the original files has to be checked
> > also, not only of the files in the generated release.)
>
> Files do not have the license header. Shall I add the header to all
> files?

Yes, that is necessary for the package to be distributed by OF. But be
sure that the added license information is correct.

As I understand it, if you add something to the original files, you
deviate from your stated strategy to keep two-way-synchronized with
the original package of the creator. Maybe you can keep it
one-way-synchronized, generating your repository from the original by
scripts. If you do this, it could be worth considering (for the
future) to let the scripts also generate more Octave-like files.

It's possibly not strictly necessary, but have you contacted the
original author?

Olaf