Re: pending interval-3.0.0 release

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: pending interval-3.0.0 release
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 18:48:19 +0200

On 19.08.2017 18:32, Olaf Till wrote:
> Oliver,
>
> trying to rebuild the release I get stuck with that:
>
> git clone https://github.com/oheim/ITF1788.git "build/ITF1788"
> Cloning into 'build/ITF1788'...
> Compiling src/test/abs_rev.itl ...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python3.4/runpy.py", line 170, in _run_module_as_main
>     "__main__", mod_spec)
>   File "/usr/lib/python3.4/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
>     exec(code, run_globals)
>   File
> "/home/olaf/devel/octave-forge/package-repositories/all/octave-forge/interval/build/ITF1788/itf1788/__main__.py",
>  line 27, in <module>
>     from . import dslparser
>   File
> "/home/olaf/devel/octave-forge/package-repositories/all/octave-forge/interval/build/ITF1788/itf1788/dslparser.py",
>  line 29, in <module>
>     import ply.lex as lex
> ImportError: No module named 'ply'

you will need to install the python modules listed at the end of this file.
https://github.com/oheim/ITF1788/blob/master/setup.py

> I admit I'm somehow not happy with requiring to clone a 'non standard'
> external repo for package building. Is there no other solution? What
> is this python code supposed to do in building the interval package?

I am also not satisfied with the current solution and am open to better
alternatives.  Would it be better to copy the python code into a
bootstrap folder of the Octave package repository?

The python code is used to convert the src/test/*.itl files into Octave
code, which will then be run and produce the file inst/test/itl.mat,
which contains the test data from the itl files.

The code generation requires the python code, which is developed at
Github, and depends on python and some python modules.

If you want to skip that part of the reproduction, you could use the
itl.mat from the tarball, which I have prepared for the release tracker.

Oliver