Re: Building pytave on windows

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Building pytave on windows
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 09:11:32 -0700

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 17:39:43 +0530, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
> Finally, size proved the main factor. I saw that *.oct files created in the
> '.libs' directory by the build are of higher size. So I did 'mv
> ./libs/*.oct   ./" and voila! *Everything is fully working now*!! So, the
> oct.exe files created in main directory are of no use. Only the *.oct files
> created in .libs directory are of any use which need to be moved after the
> build. Probably 1 line in the makefile.

That's libtool redirecting the actual objects into the .libs directory.
I see Octave has its own workaround for building oct files with libtool
and copying the resulting file, we can look at something like that.

Adding the .libs directory with addpath should also work, right?

> I ran the BIST tests and everything passed.

Did you run the entire `make check` test suite? Have you tried running
OctSymPy's test suite with `sympref ipc native`?

This was built against the official Python binary from python.org,
right?

--
mike