Re: GSoC2017: Special Functions

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: GSoC2017: Special Functions
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 16:41:47 +0200

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Michele <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> At first, I would like to thank you all for the opportunity you gave me to
> contribute on such an important and interesting topic.
>
> Second, I would like to inform you that I talked with my mentor and we
> started thinking about how to proceed.
>
> At the link [1] you can find my blog (which is for now empty), while at [2]
> you can find my bitbucket repository.
>
> Now I would like to ask you a question on how to organize my repository:
> since my work will consist in different patches (one for function), I think
> that the better way to proceed is to create a new bookmark for each
> function, but maybe you think it would be better if I use a single bookmark
> which will contain all my work. Please let me know what you think.
>
> Thank you for your kind attention.
>
> Michele Ginesi
>

> [1] http://gsocspecfun.blogspot.it/
>
> [2] https://bitbucket.org/M_Ginesi/octave

Hi Michele,

Congratulations and welcome!

I think the best is that you have all your changes in one bookmark,
this way you can also see how they integrate. It is really easy to get
the log of a single function file: hg log <function_file_name>
Make sure you fork the original repository and change it, this way to
get the latest version we just clone your work (i.e. do not do a
repository with changesets only).

Enjoy!