Proposal for GSOC 2017

From: Harshit Patel
Subject: Proposal for GSOC 2017
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 23:32:00 +0530

Hello,

This is Harshit Patel from Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad, India and I have a project proposal to made. Below is a small glimpse of the same, please provide your valuable feedback for the same,

Recently I was learning Huffman coding and implementing that on the Matlab at my university. While implementing the same I found that I was unable to generalise the code for any no. of set of symbols as I was using Matrix multiplication technique which is efficient compared to a for loop. I was unable to do the same because the equations for the Huffman coding technique included logarithms in it. I checked the same on Octave and the problem was same over there as well.

In solution to that I think that we can make a function which can make series or matrix of functions(i.e. log,sin or cos). example 1:10 will give a matrix [1 2 ........ 10] like that log(1):log(10) will give [log(1) log(2) ......... log(10)].

Thanks and Regards,
Harshit Patel
Contact No. : - 8511800258