Re: Octave on Windows with large arrays ?

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Octave on Windows with large arrays ?
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 08:40:14 -0700 (PDT)

Julien Bect-2 wrote
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a place where one can find 64 bits binaries for Octave 4.2.x on
> Windows with support for large arrays ?

How "large" would you want to have them?

With the 64-bit binaries on ftp.gnu.org/pub/octave/windows it is easy to
create double arrays that are far larger than the 16 GB RAM in my machine
and make it start trashing.

IIRC for sparse arrays there was (or is) an old bug about the default
(integer) index pointer bit width; 64-bit indexing would be handy there.

Philip