Re: Octave Forge: Package groups and properties defined, RFC.

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Octave Forge: Package groups and properties defined, RFC.
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 20:01:18 +0100

Le 09/03/2017 à 19:05, Olaf Till a écrit :
On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 01:54:01PM +0100, Julien Bect wrote:
Since the first sentence already states that external packages remain under
the control of their original dev/maintainer, I propose to remove the above
sentence
Ok with me.

and simply write:

*"**If an external package X is removed from Octave Forge**, previous
releases of the package will remain available on Octave Forge."
*
But what has the latter sentence to do with the original issue? A
guaranty that previous releases will always be available? I think we
are not in a position to give such a guaranty, since we are only a
group of programmers, dependent on external infrastructure. And even
the persons in our group may change. We can't give many guarantees...

Can't we just remove the sentence without replacement?

Yes we can (as far as I am concerned).