GSoC 2017 - Implement boolean operations on polygons

From: abhishek singla
Subject: GSoC 2017 - Implement boolean operations on polygons
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 15:04:09 +0530

My name is Abhishek Singla. I am interested in working on the idea " Implement boolean operations on polygons".
I have knowledge of C++ and have also used octave as part of my curriculum in subject Numerical Mathematics.
I want to contribute to the idea as I think I possess the required skill set for this. But I do not know how to start working on it.
I would highly appreciate if you could give me a brief procedure on how to get started on this idea.