Re: compiling cli version only

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: compiling cli version only
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:36:37 -0800

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 16:04:56 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 02/17/2017 12:26 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
>
> > You could run octave -W or octave --no-window-system, which has the same
> > effect as not having a DISPLAY in the environment but without the
> > warning message.
> >
> > Or always use octave-cli.
>
> Another option is to use
>
>   octave --no-gui-libs
>
> which tells the octave wrapper program to exec octave-cli.

And one more option, you could run

  octave --silent

(which I have aliased in my shell environment) to suppress both the
startup banner and the warning message about not having a DISPLAY.

Now that I look at main.in.cc, we could change it so that --no-gui-libs
is implied by default when Octave is compiled without Qt.

--
mike