Re: OctConf 2017 sign-up list

From: Andrea Latina
Subject: Re: OctConf 2017 sign-up list
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 22:14:50 +0100

Dear all,

I have set up a web page using the standard CERN conference manager, Indico: https://indico.cern.ch/event/609833/ . I would invite everybody to sign up using the registration form on that page. This will help us also with granting the access cards to all participants.

I am to add some beef to that page:
* fill up the timetable to reflect the preliminary schedule on the wiki
* add some practical information on how to reach CERN, etc.
* add a list of hotels easily reachable from CERN (I am afraid it's too late for a group reservation at the CERN hostels, but we could try to accommodate at CERN some individuals, e.g. those coming from oversea)

It would be nice if the wiki could refer to the Indico page.

Juan, can you put a link on the wiki?

Yes, you can put my email address as contact e-mail.

I will also try to make an essential poster for advertising the event inside and outside CERN.

I and CERN's John will propagate the link and the posters to the 400-500 CERN users who could be interested in moving to Octave, and to the various communities within CERN and EPFL.

I hope that simultaneously we'll get a prompt and enthusiastic response from the Octave community.

Cheers,
Andrea