Re: Proposal for a team of admins

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Proposal for a team of admins
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 02:16:49 -0800 (PST)

Julien Bect-2 wrote
> Le 11/01/2017 à 19:24, Philip Nienhuis a écrit :
>>> * Checking that repos are sync'ed when making a release.  The way I see
>>> it, this is done by checking that the release tarball can be reproduced
>>
>> ... and installed and tested successfully on all OS-es it is supported
>> on ...
>

> Well, I don't think we currently doing that, are we ?

I do for the io & mapping package for the OS-es I have lying around (Windows
XP & 7 & 10, Mageia-5 Linux, but no OSX as I have no Mac).
(So yes, on Mac OSX the io & mapping packages formally look to be supported
:-) but as far as I'm concerned of course they are.  In the past that was
really the case for io as Java was a problem on OSX and the io package
depended to some extent on Java; nowadays the situation might be a lot
better.)

I know that some OF packages only run on *nix (AFAIU: e.g.,
image-acquisition) and one runs only on Windoze (the windows pkg of course).
BTW for the windows package that looks obvious but IMO it isn't very well
indicated on the relevant web page for image-acquisition - which unwary
Windows user would know that v4l stands for Video for Linux?

Philip