Re: Octave Forge -- Looking for a new leader

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Octave Forge -- Looking for a new leader
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 01:40:05 -0800 (PST)

Dear Carnë,

Carnë Draug wrote
> For quite some time I have been the primary maintainer of the
> Octave-Forge project but for the last year or so I have not been
> able to do what is required for such a position.

I also want to thank you for the good work you have done on packaging. I
fully understand your position since I have the same problem. I would love
to do more but time does not permit. I hope that you will stay active in the
Octave community.

However, I still believe that we should give up on the idea of supported and
unsupported packages and just maintain a list of known packages (hosted on
3rd party sites) that are compatible (i.e. have a Makefile like you
suggested recently).

I'd say, we put this on the agenda for next OctConf and do not start
discussing now. It's only a few more month...

Bye
Sebastian