Re: Rethinking octave_idx_type

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Rethinking octave_idx_type
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 11:26:37 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton wrote
> With this changeset
>
>    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/21707d6a02c7
>
> the --enable-64 configure option is now the default.  Here's the NEWS
> entry:
>
>   ** On systems with 64-bit pointers, --enable-64 is now the default and
>      Octave always uses 64-bit indexing.

What will be the anticipated effects for MXE cross-builds? (if any?)
Will -enable-windows-64 still work? (is it still needed?)

As far as I'm concerned 64-bit indexing will be fine on Windows.
I have been using --enable-windows-64 only because some OF packages couldn't
be built with 64-bit indexing, but I haven't checked that in a long time.

Philip