Re: Octave Forge -- Looking for a new leader

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave Forge -- Looking for a new leader
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 15:35:44 -0500

On 12/21/2016 05:09 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:

For quite some time I have been the primary maintainer of the
Octave-Forge project but for the last year or so I have not been
able to do what is required for such a position.

Carnë, you've done an amazing job. I know it has consumed a lot of your time and that your efforts have not always been recognized or properly appreciated.

I doubt that we will find one person who can step in and immediately take on all that you have been doing. So I think it's past time that we find a way to share the duties among multiple people.

Any help you can offer with making the transition to a new maintainer (or group) will be most welcome, but I think we will all also understand if you just need to step back.