Merging code developed in a feature branch

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Merging code developed in a feature branch
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 11:23:58 +0000

Hi,

I already asked this in an other thread, but I am here focusing on mercurial
usage alone and CC-ing my favourite mercurial expert ;)

I have been keeping up to date the code developed by two of the GSOC
students by pushing it on two branches here:

https://bitbucket.org/cdf1/octave/branch/dorigo
https://bitbucket.org/cdf1/octave/branch/ode15i

Assuming that I want to push this to savannah (possibly without
creating to extra branches there), what would be the best approach?
Would it work if I merge the two feature branches [*] into default
on bitbucket then do

hg push -b default

to savannah? Or should I create patches via

hg diff -r ode15i:default

and

hg diff -r ode15i:dorigo

and import them then push?
Or should I just merge and push thus creating two new branches (but no new
head)?

Of course I know I should have been using bookmarks rather than branches, but I
haven't ...

c.