Re: Implementing userpath function

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Implementing userpath function
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 18:50:13 -0800

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 02:24:27 -0800, NVS Abhilash wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> After reading Mike Miller's idea in this  post
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Add-missing-function-db2pow-tp4680652p4680661.html>
>
> I went through the list, and I was interested in implementing *userpath*
> function.
>
> I want to know is it okay to implement this function for a beginner like me.
> I have introductory octave programming skills and intermediate C++ skills.

Someone has created a third-party project to implement the `userpath`
function. See http://trucomanx.github.io/userpathlib/. I have not tested
this project with Octave personally, I don't know whether or how it
works, but you are welcome to try it and evaluate it, maybe work with
the original author to get it into shape to be integrated into Octave.

--
mike