Re: Contributing to Octave

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Contributing to Octave
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 09:35:09 -0800

On 11/11/2016 09:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Subject:
Contribution
From:
<address@hidden>
Date:
11/10/2016 03:23 PM
To:
<address@hidden>
Message:
6

Hello,

I have gone virtually full open-source recently either on my phone and my PC. I loved the experience it has granted to me.  Since I study science, matlab is quite fundamental to my major. Thus, contributing to Octave has a great incentive for me. I am learning C currently. I do not think I am at the stage to contribute code. However, if I can, I want to enter open-source world early so that I warm up before serious code contribution.
I speak English in advanced level, Spanish in intermediate level, and Turkish as native one and I have realized Octave does not support Turkish. If you consider making Octave more international, I am eager to help.

Ozgur,

One of the easiest ways to contribute would be to add Turkish language translations for the GUI.  The first step, before you can contribute to any part of the project, is to make sure that you can download the latest development source code from our Mercurial repository and build a local copy of Octave.  You might start with the instructions here (https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/get-involved.html), but perhaps there are more complete instructions elsewhere that someone will point you to.

Best regards,
Rik