Re: Easy navigation to function doc in the HTML manual

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Easy navigation to function doc in the HTML manual
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 09:41:46 -0400

On 10/25/2016 08:45 AM, siko1056 wrote:
John W. Eaton wrote
Also, if you'd prefer something like

   https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/functions/plot

then I think we can do that with a server rewrite rule that transforms
that URL into

   https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/XREFplot.html

jwe

This should be possible, but the XREF-mechanism is good enough for my
purpose, as the links are deterministic as in the Scilab oder Matlab manual.
My problem with publish is, that I need to translate links like <octave:plot
See the plot function> to a meaningful manual URL and it works using XREF.

OK.