Re: octave forge packages on a mac

From: c.
Subject: Re: octave forge packages on a mac
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 10:28:41 +0200

On 25 Oct 2016, at 00:04, Eric Barth <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm most interested in using the built-in ode solvers like ode23 etc which
> have similar calling sequence to MATLAB.
ode23 and ode45 are in Octave core already from the imminent 4.2 release,
so no need for odepkg to use those.

ode15i and ode15s will also be added soon.

ode12s is implemented as a single m-file and should be easy to use
independently of ofepkg.

there are plans to implement ode23tb as well.

> many of our students go on to internships, jobs, and grad programs that use
> MATLAB for ODE modeling, and we want to prepare them for that.
actually it is good to let them know there IS a free alternative even before
they are forced to use proprietary software.

> For the past few years, I've used freemat with my students (those who don't
> buy a MATLAB student license) because of the ode23-like solver is implemented
> there, and because installation on mac and windows is identical.
c.