Re: Default merged to stable for upcoming 4.2 release

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Default merged to stable for upcoming 4.2 release
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 13:11:53 -0400

On 10/05/2016 12:42 PM, Jacopo Corno wrote:

On 05/10/2016 18:34, c. wrote:

Does Matlab still support additional function parameters?

I think this is an heritage of a now deprecated way to invoke the
solvers,
the matlab documentation now recomends using anonymous functions to
capture
additional parameters ...
Yes you are correct. Matlab uses anonymous functions.

As I recall, the documentation only describes anonymous functions but additional parameters are still supported. Maybe I'm thinking of fsolve, but the situation is the same. If Matlab still supports the feature (even if it is not documented as working) then we will probably also get reports about it if we drop support for it. Best to verify by asking someone to run some tests in a current version of Matlab first. If they have dropped it, we can as well. Otherwise, we should probably keep this feature.