Re: odepkg on Mac (was: Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 1 available for f

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: odepkg on Mac (was: Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 1 available for ftp)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 20:40:42 +0200

> On 9 Sep 2016, at 20:15, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Compilation seems to work with Mike's octave-config.h settings

/* #  undef F77_USES_CRAY_CALLING_CONVENTION */
/* #  undef F77_USES_F2C_CALLING_CONVENTION */
#  define F77_USES_GFORTRAN_CALLING_CONVENTION 1
/* #  undef F77_USES_VISUAL_FORTRAN_CALLING_CONVENTION */

#  define F77_FUNC(name,NAME) name ## _
#  define F77_FUNC_(name,NAME) name ## _

>> Is it another case of sed vs ${SED}?
>
> I already suggested that...
>
> @Sebastian, you say you checked, didn't you?
> What did you do exactly to check?

Yes you did and I made sure that GNU sed was in the path and BSD sed not.
However, maybe configure found BSD sed nonetheless. Can I force Octave to use a
particular sed? (e.g. "gsed"?). I will do further experiments.

If sed is crucial, would it not makes ende not check for BSD sed in configure
and complain?

Sebastian