Re: Matlab 2016b introduces automatic broadcasting and functions in scri

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Matlab 2016b introduces automatic broadcasting and functions in scripts
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 11:18:10 +0100

On 21 August 2016 at 17:18, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Aug 21, 2016 11:59 AM, "Carnë Draug" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On 21 August 2016 at 16:35, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Carnë Draug wrote
>
>> I'm actually quite curious about how Matlab will handle this.
>
> Is MATLAB using the same broadcasting syntax as octave? Just part of the
> elementwise operators?
> [...]

This is my fault for linking to the reddit thread only.  On the comments
people link to the actual Mathworks release notes [1].

All it says is this:

    Implicit Expansion: Perform element-wise operations and functions on
    arrays with automatic expansion of dimensions of length 1.

Which would suggest that it uses the element-wise operators to perform
it, exactly the same as Octave.

Carnë

[1] http://www.mathworks.com/help/pdf_doc/matlab/relnotes_pr.pdf