Re: Qt5 and 4.2 release?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Qt5 and 4.2 release?
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 13:19:02 -0700

On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 12:27:19 -0700, Rik wrote:
> All,
>
> Should we elevate this bug report to a blocker for the 4.2 release
> (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?40252)?

Sure. I'd be happy to take another stab at this. Should we drop support
for Qt 5 or allow both 4 and 5? If both, Should we allow configure to be
run with options like

  --with-qt=5
  --with-qt=4
  --with-qt (default)
  --without-qt

and the default behavior would be to try Qt 5 first and fall back to Qt
4? I think getting the configure rewrite done right would be the hardest
part of supporting both major versions of Qt, since the pkg-config and
library names are all different.

--
mike