Re: commit

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: commit
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 14:57:36 -0700

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 22:10:21 +0200, Ernst Reissner wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> in the meantime i realized my failure:
> hg commit just commits locally.
> I did so and then I again cloned my environment without realizing that
> that discarded all my changes.
>
> Tatsuro told me that if I want to provide a patch I have to hg export.
>

> Tank you for explaining all..

Thank you for your contribution. I wonder what we could add to our
documentation or web site to make the contribution process more clear to
new contributors like you. Any thoughts? What did you read that gave you
enough to know you had to `hg commit` but not that commits are local and
have to be exported or pushed?

--
mike