support for url transfers was disabled when Octave was built

From: syedk01
Subject: support for url transfers was disabled when Octave was built
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 08:31:51 -0700 (PDT)

I am getting the following message when I do an pkg install. I understand
there is a patch. If so how would I get the appropriate file and how would I
patch octave

octave:1> pkg -forge install nnet
error: support for url transfers was disabled when Octave was built
error: called from:
error:   /usr/local/share/octave/3.8.2-rc2/m/pkg/private/get_forge_pkg.m at
line 40, column 14
error:
/usr/local/share/octave/3.8.2-rc2/m/pkg/private/get_forge_download.m at line
26, column 12
error:   /usr/local/share/octave/3.8.2-rc2/m/pkg/pkg.m at line 385, column
29
octave:1> octave_config_info.features.CURL
ans = 0
octave:2> version
ans = 3.8.2-rc2
octave:3>