Re: Yet another GUI Builder for Octave

From: marcalexandre
Subject: Re: Yet another GUI Builder for Octave
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 06:18:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lachlan,
First of all, thanks for your reply and your thoughts about my suggestion.

In fact, I know there is something called Octave-Gtk which also allow to
make GUIs but it uses a complete different way and seems to be unmaintained
right now.
With Octave-Gtk the user has to code its GUI using all the Gtk stuffs, which
can be quite complicated.
The method I propose is, as you can see, very simple as the user just have
to code its GUI with the Octave syntax.

I also don't understand your comment about the callbacks.
I have successfully coded callbacks with my GUI Builder and it worked great.
I don't understand the problem you explained about shared variables. For me
there is no problem with it. Did you get a look at the attached files ? Am I
missing something ?

Cheers,

Marc Alexandre K.