GSL in octave

From: julian
Subject: GSL in octave
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 12:04:37 +0200

I have to use Laguerre polynomials and some other special functions in a
octave script. Octave doesn't have this functions, so I tried to install
the GNU Scientific Library (GSL), installing gsl-bin, libgsl0ldbl,
libgsl0-dev and octave-gsl from debian repositories.

However, the only function installed in octave is gsl_sf:

-- Loadable Function: gsl_sf ()

     Octave bindings to the GNU Scientific Library.  All GSL functions
     can be called with by the GSL names within octave.

I haven't found any further documentation of the function.

How can I use Laguerre polynomials and other special functions in
octave? Is GSL a good option or there are better ones?