Re: Website update

From: Alex Krolick
Subject: Re: Website update
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 15:35:03 +0000

Hi all, I moved mine to http://alexkrolick.github.io/octave-web due to a Github name change. I'd be interested in getting it deployed.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016, 5:06 AM siko1056 <address@hidden> wrote:
While working on the website, I remembered this lost discussion.

In short: There were two "X-Mas present proposals" for a website redesign.

a) Jan

Preview: http://greatdanton.github.io/Octave-website/index.html
Source: https://github.com/GreatDanton/Octave-website

b) Alex

Preview (broken): http://whokilledtheelectricmonk.github.io/octave-web/
Source: https://github.com/alexkrolick/octave-web

The proposal by Alex was favored. It requires ruby + jekyll to build a
static website.

As Octave 4.2 is taking shape, maybe the website might get a reshape, as
well. If Alex and/or Jan were still interested, I would help him to deploy
the static page in a subdirectory of the current website for testing. Later
for the 4.2 release, the new website can take over. The website development
might move from GitHub to a new Savannah group (I don't know if one can
register another hg-repo in the current group).

Best,
Kai