Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 13:08:34 +0530

The MatrixType constructor and destructor should be defined in
liboctave, which is on the displayed command-line above.

I've lost track of whether octave_dev was built with --enable-windows-64
or not, and I don't know what the lib32 directory is. I also don't know
how .dll.a and .dll libraries interact on Windows.

Can you try copying that test program and building it in some temporary
directory with

  /e/octave_dev/bin/mkoctfile --link-stand-alone --verbose foo.cc

?

I'll try this and post the results in evening (5-6 hrs)...

I will upload 7zip archive 32 bit window binary of octave 4.1.0+.

http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/tmp/octave-4.1.0plus_x86-2016-06-25-08-57.7z

octave-4.1.0plus_x86-2016-06-25-08-57.7z

size 142,477,223 byte

sha1sum 4d8703ffa7ee59d5918318552b325feb276428a6

Abhinav

Please let me know if you download it.

Thanks a lot. I have downloaded it. You may remove it now.

Although I still is in failure at building shared library and
building a final PyTave executable file, I summarize what I reach
that stage.

64 bit build cannot be done due to the failure of building shared library of liboost-python.
So I describe for only 32bit case

1. Build 32bit 4.1.0+ for windows by mxe-octave on linux
2. Install octave 4.1.0 from archived one
3. Install msys2, update and install tools
4. Install numpy on 32 bit Python for windows
5. Build liboost-python with shared libraries
6. Build PyTave

>From 1 to 4 are completed, I stay at 5 linking shared library for Pytave and  library handling.

Thanks a lot for your details info.. You have been a great help.. I'll try to build with the 32 bit octave and then post the results...
.
Abhinav