Re: configure.ac in octave forge packages

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: configure.ac in octave forge packages
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 11:11:13 +0200

On 22/06/2016 10:40, Julien Bect wrote:
Hi all,

Just a naive question from someone with a very limited understanding of
autotools: is it necessary/useful/good-practice to have a
src/configure.ac file in the source release of a package?

As I understand it, once configure has been generated, configure.ac is
not needed anymore, right?

@++
Julien

it depends on how complex the configure.ac is.
Usually I expect to rebuild configure from configure.ac
to take care of system differences