Re: Octave-gui graphics problems

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave-gui graphics problems
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 08:57:14 -0700

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 09:09:40 -0400, Vic Norton wrote:
> The times I reported (below) have nothing to do with saving the
> results to any kind of file. Saving a computed graphic to a PDF to
> takes almost no time with gnuplot-qt. The big difference is in the
> size of the saved file. (Saving the straight-qt graphic is a waste for
> me. The saved graphic is REALLY BAD on my iMac system.)

I'm curious enough to ask, can you post an attachment of the "really
bad" saved image using the qt toolkit on your OS X system? It helps to
actually share what you are seeing rather than assume everyone else gets
the same result as you. Apologies if you've already posted this image,
but I've looked through this thread and only seen gnuplot images.

As Ben has said, the fltk crash may be because of limitations of OpenGL
on OS X. You could try using octave-cli with fltk, then everything
should run in the main thread.

--
mike