Re: Anyone in Europe willing to host OctConf 2016 ?

From: edmund ronald
Subject: Re: Anyone in Europe willing to host OctConf 2016 ?
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 23:26:25 +0200

Hi folks -

 Is there any news here?
 Ping! ;)

Edmund

On Monday, May 23, 2016, Andrea Latina <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello everybody,

yes, I got some good news -yet not conclusive-.

I contacted the CERN IT department, of which I quote here the response:

Hello Andrea,

Many thanks for your email. I have sent the request to the IT department's head who is happy with this proposal provided  this does not clash with some renegotiations that are currently on going: an email has been sent to IPT to check the status and we should know soon. If we were to get green light from them, the CDA group leader, who is also in favour of your idea, confirms that [...] is the person in charge in IT who should be kept in the loop and who could collaborate with you on this.
We will come back to you as soon as we receive IPT's reply.
Best wishes,

For the time being I am still waiting for the IPT's reply. (IPT = Information systems, Process engineering & software Technology Group). Last week I pinged the person in charge, but he was on vacation. I will try again this week.

CERN IT department is big, so it was to be expected that it would quickly get a little bureaucratic and lengthy, but the response has been positive throughout the entire hierarchy, so I would consider it as a very positive start.

I will contact them again this week and post here whatever news.

Cheers,
Andrea

On 22 May 2016 at 23:19, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 2016-05-09 at 17:22 +0200, Andrea Latina wrote:
> I will get back to you with more information as soon as possible.

Ping! Any news yet?

- Jordi G. H.