Dispatch function

From: pritika malhotra
Subject: Dispatch function
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 20:48:57 +0530

Hello! I was trying to use this given example from documentation and as this function is no longer available.
Then what will be the replacement of "dispatch ("sin", "spsin", "sparse matrix");"

Through earlier discussion, I have come to know that we can define classes. How can we do that?
A simple illustration if possible Or is there some other to do so.

function y = spsin (x) printf ("Calling spsin\n"); fflush(stdout); y = spfun ("sin", x); endfunction dispatch ("sin", "spsin", "sparse matrix"); y0 = sin(eye(3)); y1 = sin(speye(3));

--
Pritika Malhotra