Re: Anyone in Europe willing to host OctConf 2016 ?

From: Jacopo Corno
Subject: Re: Anyone in Europe willing to host OctConf 2016 ?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 14:28:43 +0200

Il 08/05/2016 23:10, Andrea Latina ha scritto:
Hello Carnë, hello everyone,

I am a physicist, I work at CERN, and I appreciate and use Octave on a daily basis. So my question is: Would you be interested in having this OctConf 2016 at CERN?

I think CERN could be the ideal location for such an event: there are meeting rooms, there are projectors, there is a restaurant that can provide coffee breaks and buffets at modest price, and -if we are lucky- there can even be accommodation on site for those coming from abroad. Plus, I think it would be very cool to have CERN acknowledging and endorsing such an important open-source tool like Octave.

Let me know if you think this idea is attractive. Should this be the case, I will contact the CERN IT department to see if they are willing to help.

Cheers,
Andrea

Dear Andrea, dear Carnë, dear all,

this invitation sounds really appealing! As part of last year hosts in Darmstadt, I would enjoy going to CERN for this year OctConf.

As a back up plan, if there is any problem in the organization, Darmstadt is also available for hosting the conference again. We also have some new addition to the Octave community in our department (Idoia in cc) who is willing to help with the organization.

I am however hopeful to hear from Geneva some good news!
Cheers,
Jacopo