Re: GSOC 2016 Enquiry

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: GSOC 2016 Enquiry
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 08:51:33 -0700

On Mar 25, 2016, at 8:46 AM, <address@hidden> <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear Mr John,
I noticed that the implementation of boolean operations on polygons project was moved to packages projects ...
Will the project probably be discarded ?
Regards,
Amr Mohamed

I don’t think the project is being discarded. I had just mistakenly thought that the polygon functions were part of the core of Matlab. They are actually in the Matlab Mapping Toolbox, so they re-arranged the GSoC wiki page to indicated that the results of this project would end up being included in the Octave Mapping Package, rather than in the core of Octave. As far as I know, it was more of just an organizational correction to the wiki page, rather than an actual change in scope or importance.

John S.