Re: closing Octave-Forge svn repository

From: c.
Subject: Re: closing Octave-Forge svn repository
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 11:05:03 +0100

On 3 Mar 2016, at 19:49, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 1 March 2016 at 12:31, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On 1 Mar 2016, at 13:23, Schöps, Sebastian <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Carlo, can you convert the svn to git?
>>
>> I don't know how to do this myself.
>> Carnë can you move the current verion of OCS on OF to git?
>
> I have converted the svn repository to git and put it up on Octave Forge.
>
> Making use of the git repository at TUDA is a bit tricky for the following
> reasons:
>
>  1) it's not converted from the actual repository, the first commit is from
>  the ocs-0.1.1 tarball.
>
>  2) there's not a single line left intact, even the indentation style was
>  changed.
>
>  3) half way through it, the work done was abandoned and replaced with the
>  0.1.3 release
>
> So to untangle this, I created two branches from the Octave Forge repository,
> TUDA-0.1.1 and TUDA-0.1.3, and rebased pieces of the TUDA repository on them,
> based on the release version it was based on.  That's what made the most
> sense to me.  However, I did not push those branches to Octave Forge.
>
> To avoid the repositories at TUDA and Octave Forge go out of sync, can
> someone pull my clone at github and force push it to TUDA's gitlab?
>
>    https://github.com/carandraug/octave-ocs
>
> Carnë

Sebastian,

It appears that the github repository created by Carnë contains everything we
need:

- the "master" branch should be a git version the current OF repo
- the "TUDA-0.1.3" branch should be wat you had on gitlab.

So I would say it is safe to wipe out the current TUDA repository and
substitute it
with a clone of Carnë's github.

Do you agree?

c.