Re: [MXE] "libinterp/co refcn/sighandlers.cc:392:35: error: 'strsignal'

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: [MXE] "libinterp/co refcn/sighandlers.cc:392:35: error: 'strsignal' was not declared in this scope"
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 22:34:05 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton wrote
> On 02/04/2016 01:34 PM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
>> While crossbuilding Octave-4.1.0+ ( in MXE I get an error related to
>> missing
>> strsignal().  From the log:
>>
>> grep -i -R strsignal *
>>
>> :
>> checking whether strsignal is declared without a macro... no
>> :
>> :
>> checking for strsignal... no
>> :
>> :
>> /home/philip/devel/octdev/mxe/mxe_w64_20151116/tmp-default-octave/octave-4.1.0+/libinterp/corefcn/sighandlers.cc:
>> In function 'void generic_sig_handler(int)':
>> /home/philip/devel/octdev/mxe/mxe_w64_20151116/tmp-default-octave/octave-4.1.0+/libinterp/corefcn/sighandlers.cc:392:35:
>> error: 'strsignal' was not declared in this scope
>>     my_friendly_exit (strsignal (sig), sig);
>>                                     ^
>> /home/philip/devel/octdev/mxe/mxe_w64_20151116/tmp-default-octave/octave-4.1.0+/libinterp/corefcn/sighandlers.cc:
>> In function 'void sigint_handler(int)':
>> /home/philip/devel/octdev/mxe/mxe_w64_20151116/tmp-default-octave/octave-4.1.0+/libinterp/corefcn/sighandlers.cc:537:52:
>> error: 'strsignal' was not declared in this scope
>>     w32_interrupt_manager::user_abort (strsignal (sig), sig);
>
> I checked in the following changeset:
>
>    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/a2ee71d42a06
>
> I'm working on eliminating as many configuration preprocessor symbols as
> possible from public header files and making some header files "private"
> (not installed) so that we can stop installing Octave's config.h.  If it
> turns out to be impossible to avoid some configuration macro from a
> public header file, then that symbol will be moved to a separate
> octave-config.h file that contains symbols that are specific to Octave,
> not general things like HAVE_ACOSH.
>
> While I'm making these changes, I'm sure to break a few things.  If that
> happens, it probably means that it worked for me, but I'm not testing on
> every possible platform.  So please go ahead and report build problems
> on the bug tracker and I'll try to be quick to fix any problems that are
> reported.

That's the nature of a development branch.

This issue has been reported in the bug tracker by Rik (#47061) about the
same minute I posted here and has been fixed already.

The reason I posted here is that I am testing several other fixes by
LachlanA for old bugs; I already found that some of those fixes might
interfere at unexpected places. Especially for this issue I wasn't sure it
was caused by your changes and figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here first.

Thanks,

Philip