New website

From: Jan
Subject: New website
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 13:37:01 +0100

Hello maintainers,

I am 21 years old student of civil engineering using Octave mostly for linear algebra calculations while studying. Octave saved me a lot of time with solving matrices for me, that's why I would like to thank you with a special Christmas present.

This present is called new website. I am programming web applications in my spare time, so I decided to make a little remake of the current old/ugly website. You can see the new design on the following link: http://greatdanton.github.io/Octave-website/index.html

1) As you might notice website is nowhere near being complete, but it's getting better with every day. I tried to follow current trends in web design, so the final result will be elegant responsive website. Please tell me what you think, I would love to hear your suggestions, comments (what is missing on the website, what would you like to see, etc...).

2) I would need few screenshots of what one is able to do with Octave. I am using it only for eigenvectors calculations, matrix multiplications from cmd line and those screenshots are not really appealing thing to see.

Maybe post/send me/ some of the interesting stuff you did with it (graphs?)

Also I would need some help with the text on the website (capabilities section, etc...). So far I just copied few sentences from FAQ or the current website.

3). I tried to keep file sizes at minimum, to ensure faster website load. I hope in 2016 we dont need to watch for every extra kb that needs to be downloaded, so I used icon font as well.

I am looking forward to hearing from you,

Jan