Re: Octave 4.0.1 release candidate 1 available for ftp

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.1 release candidate 1 available for ftp
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 10:41:15 +0100

> To allow docs to be built for the release candidate, and in the absence of
> osmesa, you’ll want to apply the changesets below (already applied to
> default, but not to stable).
>
> These first two fix problems with gnuplot v5
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/c7d881aec36c
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/bcb6edf35d93
>
> This one backs-up osmesa with gnuplot
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/e5f78891ad9e
>
> Its not obvious that either of these qualify as regressions, so I’m not
> planning to merge these into stable. However, if there is sufficient testing
> and support for doing so, I have no objection. In the meantime, I recommend
> that homebrew, macports, and Fink apply each of these.
>
> Ben

Dear Ben,

yes, I could add the patches to homebrew, but I do not really see for which
case. This would only be necessary if somebody wants to build from the stable
hg branch, right? This cannot be done with homebrew. You either build the
release version (which has docs already in place), or hg default (which has the
patches already).

Bye
Sebastian