Re: Request for Matlab output

From: NJank
Subject: Re: Request for Matlab output
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 08:46:56 -0700 (PDT)

Lukas Reichlin-4 wrote
> Dear Octave community,
>
> In order to improve error handling in the control package, I would like to
> know what Matlab’s output/error message looks like for each of the
> following three lines of code:
>
> dss (1, 2, 3, 4, 0)
>
> feedback (tf (1), tf (-1))
>
> feedback (ss (1), ss (-1))
>
> Could someone with access to Matlab and its Control System Toolbox please
> send me the resulting text output?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Lukas

see below. Matlab 2015a.  note that the error and warning were printed in a
very pretty red and orange.

>> dss (1, 2, 3, 4, 0)

ans =

  a =
       x1
   x1   1

  b =
       u1
   x1   2

  c =
       x1
   y1   3

  d =
       u1
   y1   4

  e =
       x1
   x1   0

Continuous-time state-space model.

>> feedback (tf (1), tf (-1))
Error using InputOutputModel/feedback (line 137)
Feedback interconnection has infinite gain at all frequencies due to
singular algebraic loops.

>> feedback (ss (1), ss (-1))
Warning: The closed-loop model may be improper because of singular algebraic
loops.
> In InputOutputModel/feedback (line 134)

ans =

  d =