Re: Missing lib with Suitesparse 4.4.5

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Missing lib with Suitesparse 4.4.5
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 09:29:13 -0400

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 12:42:01 +0100, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 27/10/2015 21:02, John W. Eaton wrote:
> >The configure.ac file seems to already include a check for the
> >suitesparseconfig library.  Is that test not working properly for Cygwin?
> >
> >See also the m4/acinclude.m4 file for the
> >OCTAVE_UMFPACK_NEED_SUITESPARSE_TIME macro.
> >
> >jwe
> >

> the test seems not effective, at least on cygwin 64bit.

That, plus the fact that SuiteSparse 4.4 and higher has new dependencies
on the suitesparseconfig library from pretty much every other library.
In 4.2, it was only the SuiteSparse_time function, but in 4.4 a lot more
functions have been added to suitesparseconfig.

On a system with dynamic linking configured correctly, all of the
SuiteSparse libraries should be linked against libsuitesparseconfig, so
the application picks it up automatically. I have no idea if this is
done or is possible with the cygwin packaging of SuiteSparse.

If not possible, then we'll have to add tests and add
-lsuitesparseconfig to every SuiteSparse *_LIBS variable.

--
mike