Re: ode45 inclusion into core

From: siko1056
Subject: Re: ode45 inclusion into core
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 14:10:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Rik,

My small opinion regarding 1) I prefer an error and fixing scripts, rather
than being trapped in an interactive rescue attempt of my own flawed
scripts. Matlab R2015b throws an error, too:

>> bla = odeset()

bla =

              AbsTol: []
                 BDF: []
              Events: []
         InitialStep: []
            Jacobian: []
           JConstant: []
            JPattern: []
                Mass: []
        MassSingular: []
            MaxOrder: []
             MaxStep: []
         NonNegative: []
         NormControl: []
           OutputFcn: []
           OutputSel: []
              Refine: []
              RelTol: []
               Stats: []
          Vectorized: []
    MStateDependence: []
           MvPattern: []
        InitialSlope: []

>> odeget(bla,'Out')
Error using odeget (line 85)
Ambiguous property name 'Out' (OutputFcn, OutputSel).

2) I don't think, that there is a real coding guideline for this right now?
But "odepkg" is a wrong hint for the user.

3) I prefer no error checking for private functions. There should be no
script able to call them in a wrong way, thus all the error checking there!

4) No opinion.

5) Agree. Much clearer what happens!

6) Agree, senseless convention.

Best,