Table datatype

From: Rafael Gonzalez
Subject: Table datatype
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 18:07:15 -0500

Hi,

I was looking for a solution to process data in Octave/ML as done in spreadsheets, i.e. mixed datatypes, header rows, pivot tables, filtering, etc. I tried using cell arrays but they're very uncomfortable to use specially when trying to do columnwise operations.

After some googling I discovered that ML introduced a table datatype in R2013b. I found its use great and very useful, however Octave still doesn't have this datatype and related functions.

I'd like to know if there are plans to implement it. Also, I think I can contribute to it, however I have no idea how to implement a new built-in datatype, but I can help in the related functions to be as ML-like as possible.

Thanks,

Rafa