Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac OS Yosemite (with gui!)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac OS Yosemite (with gui!)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 16:12:46 -0400

> On Aug 17, 2015, at 11:39 AM, Dr. Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Sebastian Schops has managed to build on Homebew. Perhaps he’ll have time to
>> help Brian.
>
> homebrew users can try this formula:
> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-science/pull/2660. I suggest to ask
> specific question regarding this formula and regarding homebrew at github.
>
> @Ben: Any progress with the GUI glitches on the Mac (positioning of buttons
> and titles in the panel bars)?
>
> Sebastian

No. I haven’t looked in to the icons. That’s low on my priority list. There’s
some activity in patching Octave’s sources to eliminate the need for
individuals to do it themselves. I’m optimistic the patches related to
clang3.5, ov-classdef, and the includes using the <foobar.h> style instead of
“foobar.h” will soon be taken care of.

Ben