Re: lsqnonlin and nonlin_residmin

From: Asma Afzal
Subject: Re: lsqnonlin and nonlin_residmin
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 12:17:27 +0100

Hi Olaf,

Thank you for your response.

> Something different: You seem to fight at several frontiers at the
> same time. This creates some "task switching overhead", which possibly
> could be reduced. Would it not be better first to pursue one topic
> until a function is ready to be included into the optim package?
> That's only a suggestion.

I think you are right. I was trying to get major chunks of everything
done well before the end of GSoC so I could focus on the refinements
at the end.
Now I think it would be wise to get lsqnonlin, lsqcurvefit, nlinfit,
statset, statget, __all_stat_opts__, fmincon and quadprog integrated
before I begin optimoptions.
I will get back to you after adding some final touches and tests from my side.

Kind Regards,
Asma.