Re: IEEE standard for interval arithmetic approved

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: IEEE standard for interval arithmetic approved
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 20:18:50 +0200

Le 12/06/2015 19:40, Marco Atzeri a écrit :
Creating a release from the source files from the repository is the job
of the package maintainer. There is no standardized way of doing this,
currently (for instance, "make dist"). Some packages require special
steps during the release process. Other are more straightforward. Only
the package maintainer knows for sure.

"pkg build" from source should work.
If not the package has an issue (IMHO)

The problem seems to be that we don't agree on what "source" means.

If by "source" you mean the files obtained directly from the repo, then according to your standards both interval and stk have an issue...

From what I see stk was packaged on 17-May-2015
and the last source change is 12-April-2015.
So I assume the package is updated; or do you have a different
repository from http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/stk/ci/default/tree/ ?

This is just a clone of our main repo, which is at http://sourceforge.net/p/kriging/hg/ci/default/tree/.

But anyway: please never package stk directly from the repo. If a release hasn't been made, it means that the code is not ready to be released. Please use the latest public release.

And you can trust Oliver to be a very active package developper and maintainer : if he hasn't made a new release of the interval package, it means that it is not ready yet. Again, you'll be safer using the latest public release.

@++
Julien