Re: IEEE standard for interval arithmetic approved

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: IEEE standard for interval arithmetic approved
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 18:27:36 +0200

On 6/12/2015 5:33 PM, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
On 12.06.2015 09:33, Marco Atzeri wrote:
Dear Oliver,

In addition please put a COPYING file on the main dir;
exporting the mercurial source in a tar.gz file and building/installing
from that file is failing as a COPYING is expected.

The package can't be released by simply exporting the mercurial
repository. Please use “make dist” on your mercurial workspace, COPYING
will then be generated via TexInfo. COPYING would not be the only
missing file in your tarball.

Oliver

Oliver,
I am the cygwin package maintainer, so I am currently packing > 50*2
forge packages .
I am already taking long time checking that additional revisions
are available in the repository and if the case build and package
from the several repository (HG, SVN, GIT)

I am not just tarballing the files, I am using the tarball for

pkg build -nodeps -noauto -global -verbose ${B} ${S}/interval-${PV}.tar.gz

and the result for

  pkg install -nodeps -noauto -global -verbose  ${B}/interval-${OV}.tar.gz

in the proper directories, with the proper sripts for updating the package database in a cygwin installation.

My problem is that without "COPYING" in the proper place
the "pkg build.." fails.
Your is the first without COPYING in the root dir, I was forced to fake it with touch.

I have no intention to add additional steps like "make dist"
for any package; I do not have the bandwith to cope with additional specific package issue.

Attached the file list of the full final cygwin binary package.
I assume is completed.

Regards
Marco