Re: Unable to install 4.0 with Ubuntu

From: Curt Carpenter
Subject: Re: Unable to install 4.0 with Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:38:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello.

Sorry for the delay.  I had to make another try at installing Octave 4.0
under Ubuntu 14.04 in order to get to the config.log.

During config, I get the message "Qt libraries not found -- disabling GUI."
Otherwise, configure and make seem to run to completion normally.  Make
Install failed -- until I realized that I had to be root in order to execute
it.  "sudo make install" ran to completion, and I now have Octave 4.0
installed, but with no GUI.

I've sent my config.log by private email to tmacchant.

Regards
Curt Carpenter