Re: lsqnonlin and nonlin_residmin

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: lsqnonlin and nonlin_residmin
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 18:39:26 +0200

Hi Asma,

that's a preliminary answer, until I'll find more time (probably
tomorrow):

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:51:58PM -0700, AsmaA wrote:
> Hi Olaf,
>
> I have made some progress in writing lsqnonlin. This may not be the most
> optimized code but I'm sharing the draft:
>
> https://github.com/AsmaAfzal/octave_workspace/blob/master/lsqnonlin.m
>
> I still have to map the value of cvg to exitflag- on my to do list.
>
> Few questions:
> 1- Generating the output lambda (for the bound constraints). I could not
> explicitly find lambda in the backend. Could you please tell how this should
> be done?

Lambda is not currently returned. I'll hopefully be able to patch
__lm_svd__.m soon so that this information is returned.

> 2- Settings. Do we need a matlab compatible function 'optimoptions'?

Probably yes. How this should be done still requires some
investigation (or maybe you have already thought about this ...).

More on this later,

Olaf