SoCiS: interfacing Symbolics package with Python

From: Tomasz Ożański
Subject: SoCiS: interfacing Symbolics package with Python
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 13:42:27 +0200

Dear All,

Since my maximum entropy method algorithm proposal seems to be troublesome to
be realized during this edition, I would like to try with another topic, this
time a one form the list of proposed ideas — namely I would be interested in
the development of the Symbolic package. I believe I can handle the interface
between the package and Python.

I would like to ask you one question regarding the topic: what do you mean in
„interacting with Python as a library”? I do not know SymPy, but it seems to be
written entirely in Python so it must not exist as a standard system library,
so my guess is I would have to write some intermediate code in C/C++ to handle
all the communication, am I right?

greetings,
Tomasz